NT Systems Administrators
The NT Systems Administrator will be responsible for administrating multiple Microsoft Windows 2000 web servers.
Servers are running on IIS 5.0 web server software. The individual must have familiarity with Perl, PHP and Active Server Pages.
The NT Systems Administrator will be a key member of the systems administration staff, and be responsible for planning web based
infrastructure capacity and server grooming projects. Knowledge of MS Access, SQL, and Cold Fusion server-side applications a strong is an asset.
Junior and Senior positions available. FT and PT opportunities.
- Configuring server hardware and software, installing software upgrades and patches
- Developing, tracking and implementing project plans for server farm built out projects
- Ordering equipment
- Scheduling and co-ordinating server upgrades
- Updating databases and documentation
- Planning and implementing Internet and Intranet solutions
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an ISP/LAN/WAN internetworking environment
- Knowledge of Internet related protocols and services required
- In-depth knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite as well as SNMP capabilities
- MCSE certification
- Experience with Windows NT/2000 Server installation, implementation, and ongoing support
- Significant experience with the following technologies: HTML, HTTP, Gopher, FTP, NNTP,
SMTP/MIME, POP3, IMAP4, SSL 3.0, PPP, PPTP, ActiveX, ISAPI, CGI, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP,
CIFS, Internet Information Server, Netscape Navigator, Cold Fusion and Internet Explorer
- Superior organizational, oral and written communications skills are desired
- Professional interaction skills in customer, business partner and technical staff situations
- Proven ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Proven experience in adhering to standard operating procedure
- Flexibility to work within standard server maintenance windows
(early mornings, weekdays and weekends)